Point and Sandwick Trust Board Members
Angus McCormack, Chair
Sandwick resident; Councillor for Stornoway South; Chair Audit Committee; member Western Isles Health Board; retired Assistant Headteacher; crofter; sometime singer.
Point resident since 1987. Retired architect – involved in community groups; specialist in housing, energy efficiency, horticulture, art and bad music.
Small business owner in Point since 2004, a teacher in my previous life, love my animals and travelling.
Ed was a chartered accountant in the Inverness area until his retirement in Upper Bayble.
He is a member of the Point Community Council, who he represents on the Board of Point and Sandwick Trust.
Andrew Mackenzie is a Chartered Electrical Engineer with a degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, a PGCE (FE).
He lectures at the University of the Highlands and Islands, is actively involved in the Western Isles’ ESTEEM partnership and is Hon Secretary for IET Scotland North Local Network – as well as being an active crofter in Point.
He is CEng, MIET, a Chartered Fellow of the IPD and a registered Prince2™ Project practitioner.
Donald John MacSween, General Manager
Duncan Mackay, Vice Chair
Sandwick resident; Twenty five years service in the Merchant Navy, latterly Master on Cal-Mac Ferries, followed by twenty years as Watch Manager Maritime & Coastguard Agency. Now retired and involved in a number of local voluntary organisations.
Retired social worker and service manager with experience in budget management, staff management, policy development, community consultation and local charities.
Kenny Dan Macdonald
Kenny Dan Macdonald owned and ran a successful building company, he also ran the Aird Shop and Post Office. In “retirement” Kenny Dan is currently employed as a weaver.
He has been a crofter, an active member of his local grazings committee, chairman of Point Football Club, member of the Lewis and Harris Football Association. He is also a member on the Lewis Castle School Board.
Sheshader born and raised
- Resident of Aignish
- Inaugural chair of Point Community Council
- Chair of Knock School Board mid – late 90s
- Founder member of local playgroup, mid to late 80s
- Founder member of Croileagan Steornabhaigh mid – late 80s
- Recently retired after 44 years in health care, 29 of which were spent at NHS Western Isles
- Initiated and developed progressive and innovative new system of delivering emergency care NHS Western Isles
- Awarded Scottish NHS Manager of the year in 2008 (sponsored by Institute of Healthcare Management, Scotland) following nomination by colleagues
- Reviewer of emergency care delivery in other island boards and speaker at emergency care conferences in Eire, Iceland and Sweden
- Involved in healthcare education planning with NES (NHS Education Scotland)
- Contributor to health care publications
The Directors of Point and Sandwick Power
Angus McCormack, Chair
Duncan Mackay Vice Chair
Calum Macdonald, Project Manager